Let’s start with the most common question. What do CNA’s do, or what might they be expected to do?
Really, that depends on the type of work they take up— either pre- or post- qualification.
CNA’s can find work in various establishments including:
- Nursing homes
- Medical clinics
- Urgent care centers
- Care agencies for home health
- Agencies that cater to staffing requirements
- Practice groups and doctor’s offices
- Centers for day care and schools
A point that may be worthy of note is that Federal government mandate the appointment of certified nursing assistants in nursing homes only.
Otherwise, there is no requirement by law for any of the other aforementioned establishments to hire a CNA.
Nevertheless, the value of the work a CNA provides is not underestimated, and thus the recruitment of such personnel is a popular pursuit— irrespective of the type of care an establishment provides.
The work a CNA is expected to undertake includes (but is by no means limited to) assistance with personal hygiene such as bathing, oral care, toileting, and more; taking note of vital signs such as height and weight measurements; using relevant software packages which come under the remit of the healthcare industry; communicating with patients’ or clients’ families whenever the need arises.
In essence, the certified nursing assistant has to become a jack of all trades and a master of some, too. Never a dull moment to be had in this industry!
CNA Classes in Orlando, Florida
Becoming a CNA in Florida, just like in any other state, is a good move in terms of career opportunities, career progression, and also potential income: it is a well-paid industry.
To that end it’s mention-worthy that CNA programs in Florida are bountiful in supply.
However, your situation may not lend itself to such a commitment in terms of time.
For instance, you may be busy in your current work, or you might care for a young family, in which case, time is rarely on your side, plus you have little flexibility.
In such scenarios, CNA training online in Florida offers great potential.
Online CNA Classes in Florida
Online training in any pursuit provides for an excellent level of flexibility. And this is no different in Florida.
What’s more, online classes are far cheaper to enroll in, in comparison to regular classes.
Why spend more money on your education if there’s no requirement for doing so?
A quick ‘resume’ of the benefits of online CNA classes goes a bit like this:
- Save money – as already alluded to, you can save hundreds of dollars.
- Save on money for traveling, too.
- Oh, and you save time as there’s little traveling involved.
- There are no rigid time schedules for classes.
- And that means you can learn entirely when it’s convenient to you.
- Touching on the last point, you can choose to study at any time of day or night.
- When you have questions with respect to your coursework, simply e–mail your tutor and it’s probable you’ll receive a timely response.